Jay-Z and Rihanna will be the two headline acts in the popular music lineup for the London 2012 Olympic Games, The BBC Radio 1 Hackney Weekend.
“There will be absolutely something for everyone: from Beethoven to Jay-Z, from Shakespeare to Mike Leigh,” Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt said at the news conference in the Tower of London. Leigh is a film director.
From June 23-24 a full month before London hosts the Olympic games, the festival is set to draw over 100,000 spectators which will also include performances from Florence & the Machine, Jack White, David Guetta and Tinie Tempah.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Bentley Debuts EXP 9F Super SUV Concept [PHOTOS]
• Rodney King Reflects On Police Beating, Talks Trayvon Martin [PHOTOS]
• ‘Escort’ Who Dropped Dime On Secret Service Goes Into Hiding [PHOTOS]
• adidas Unveils The adizero Crazy Light 2, The Lightest Basketball Shoe Ever [PHOTOS]
• Metta World Peace And 12 Of The Greatest Elbows Ever
• Bangin Candy: Miss Apple Bottom Jessenia Vice [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Most Important People In Hip-Hop Under 25
• Pictures Of Celebrities That Aren’t Stoned (But Sure Look Like It) [PHOTOS]
• UPS Is Hiring: 9 Signs You Are A Struggle Rapper
Photo: Danielle Cheesman
More Stories From Hip-Hop Wired