If a President Obama biopic ever makes its way to the silver screen Will Smith is vying for the gig. The accomplished actor—currently promoting his Men In Black 3 due out this Friday (May 25)—notes himself as an is an obvious choice for the role. “It’s about the ears, that’s the thing,” he told the BBC. “People see the ears and Barack and I both have the ears, so I’m the most natural choice.”
Smith is no stranger to playing well-known figures, he portrayed Muhammad Ali in the 2001 Michael Man flick Ali, and revealed that he and the POTUS have discussed making the movie. “I told [Obama] jokingly, ‘It’s definitely something I would consider, you just have to write the ending.’ So he’s working on the ending right now.”
Drake has also expressed interest in playing Obama, so Smith might have to strong-arm the Young Money MC (like he did that reporter) into dropping his bid for the job.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Bout to Blow: 7 Hip-Hop Labels Accused Of Being Fronts For Illegal Drug Operations
• Jay-Z, Kanye West (& Kim Kardashian) Kick Off European Leg Of Watch The Throne Tour [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• 6 Rappers Who Lied About Retiring From The Game
• Mercy: 10 Hip-Hop Artists Who Chose To Die Another Day
• 5 Reasons Why Blue Ivy Carter Will Have A Better Rap Career Than Lil B
• 10 Dope Rap Acts Who Could Not Top Their Freshman Albums
• Bangin Candy: Rico Love’s Division 1 Recording Artist, Rabbit
• The Awkward Moments Between Jay-Z And Freeway At The Made In America Press Conference [PHOTOS]
More Stories From Hip-Hop Wired