Who would’ve thought Hip-Hop would take it this far? The big homie, Sway Calloway, sat down with the Commander-In-Chief to speak directly to the Hip-Hop generation about issues that affect us.
President Obama also spoke about the power of music and its message, and if he feels that anyone in today’s day and age creates music that is enjoyable and politically driven. Turns out, Obama was a Marley fan.
“I remember in college listening, and not agreeing with his whole philosophy necessarily, but raising my awareness how people outside of our country were thinking about the struggle for jobs and dignity and freedom,” Obama says.
Check it out down below.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• **Update: Diddy Injured In Car Crash [PHOTOS]
• 8 Things You Need To Know About T.I.’s Trouble Man
• No Church In The Wild: 10 Hip-Hop Moments That Got Religious Folks All Riled Up [GALLERY]
• Buried Alive: Shyne Sinks Deeper Into The Mad Rapper Abyss [PHOTOS]
• Bangin’ Candy: Howard University Student Fantasia [PHOTOS]
• You Are Not Alone: 6 Comedians Who Rode The Crazy Train (Just Like Katt Williams) [PHOTOS]
• Politics As Usual: 10 Rap Songs That Warn Against Trusting The Government
• Coon Affiliated: 10 Rap Songs That Set African-Americans Back As A Race