2-Year-Old Served Alcohol At Olive Garden [Video]
2-Year-Old Accidentally Served Alcohol At Olive Garden
Just days after a similar incident occurred in Detroit, a 2-year-old boy was accidentally given alcohol at an Olive Garden restaurant in Lakeland, Florida.
Jill Van Heest claims that instead of the orange juice she ordered, tropical sangria which contains white wine, was poured into her son Niko’s cup during their visit to Olive Garden a few weeks ago.
Vant Heest starting noticing her son’s reckless behavior, and soon after she was notified by her waiter and the restaurant manager of the mishap.
The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was examined.
Jill Van Heest detailed the traumatizing experience by saying,
“It took them a while to get a blood draw from him and it took them a while to get an IV in his tiny hand.”
Olive Garden took full responsibility for the accident, stating in a press release:
“We take the responsibility that comes with serving alcohol seriously. This was an extremely regrettable accident caused by the failure of an employee to follow our strict operating procedures. We have absolutely no tolerance for failure to follow our operating procedures and we took swift, appropriate action to deal with this situation.”
Van Heest plans to sue Olive Garden and has hired an attorney.
As previously reported, a 15-month old Detroit, Michican boy accidently received a margarita mix in his cup after his mother ordered apple juice at an Applebee’s restaurant.
Neither child experienced major suffering, but the trauma endured by both families is enough investigate both cases thoroughly to ensue these mistakes never happen again and public safety in these restaurants are taken seriously.
Again, we ask what would you do if your child was accidently served alcohol in a restaurant?
Check out the story courtesy of MyFoxOrlando.