Ol' Dirty Bastard's FBI File Revealed
The Wu-Tang Clan's Ol' Dirty Bastard passed away in 2004 but his legacy lives on via his music, and now FBI files. Pitchfork reports that a site called Gun.io obtained ODB's files via a Freedom of Information Act request.
The files are available here, and at 90+ pages it is far from light reading. Gun.io does provide choice selections for you to skip ahead to, including:
- "The WTC is heavily involved in the sale of drugs, illegal guns, weapons possession, murder, carjacking and other types of violent crime." [p5]
- Connections to the murder of Robert "Pooh" Johnson and Jerome "Boo Boo" Estrella. [p6]
- Connection to murder of Ishamael "Hoody" Kourma. [p13]
- A shoot-out with the NYPD. [p15]
- Arrest for felony possession of body armour. [p16]
- Connections to the Bloods Gang. [p17]
- Found in possession of large bags full of paper currency. [p40]
- Details of his being robbed and shot while staying in the Kingston projects. [p45]
ODB, born Russell Jones, died on November 13, 2004 from a drug overdose; cocaine and Tramadol were found in his system.