Life + Times Presents: The Truth With Elliott Wilson: Kendrick Lamar [VIDEO]
On the newest episode of Elliott Wilson's The Truth on Jay-Z's Life + Times YouTube page, the OG weighs in on the hype surrounding Kendrick Lamar's major label debut, good kid, m.A.A.d. city.
"It's a concept album, it's a full body of work. It's not just a bunch of records put together," says WIlson. "He pays homage to Compton and the history of Compton, but he brings a fresh new perspective to it. So it sort of a real backdrop, it's just what the album says. A Good kid in a mad city."
Do you think the album is as good as advertised, or is it all hype? Let us know down below after you watch this video.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Bangin Candy: Joe Budden's Latest Main Squeeze Kaylin Garcia [PHOTOS]
• New Images From Iron Man 3 [PHOTOS]
• Azealia Banks Calls Out Dolce & Gabbana Over "Racist" New Line [PHOTOS]
• 10 Hall Of Fame Level Flicks Of Rapper Struggle Faces [PHOTOS]
• Politics As Usual: 10 Rap Songs That Warn Against Trusting The Government
• Coon Affiliated: 10 Rap Songs That Set African-Americans Back As A Race
• The Great White Hype: 10 White Rappers Who Fell Off (Or Are Barely Hanging On) [GALLERY]
• NYC High School Guidance Counselor Loses Job Over Racy Online Pics [PHOTOS]