LeBron James Credits Ric Flair With Inventing "Swag" [VIDEO]
According to the song "Otis," a lot of young bucks would think it was Jay-Z that "invented swag." On the contrary, folks. Reigning NBA M.V.P. LeBron James says it was the WWE Hall Of Famer, Ric Flair, who was swaggin' out before anybody.
“When I was a kid, I loved wrestling,” James told the Associated Press. “He was one of the guys I loved, too. I think he's one of the creators of what we call swag these days with the Rolexes and the stretch limos and all the girls and all that stuff. He's one of the creators of swag.”
The 63-year-old Flair was in attendance last night in Charlotte as James' Miami Heat trounced the hometown Charlotte Bobcats, 105-92. The Nature Boy's influence on sports and pop culture has been evident for years. It was Flair who was the original holder of the "big gold belt," which Clay Matthews gave Aaron Rodgers upon winning the Super Bowl.
Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers also has Flair's trademark "Woooo!" play over the stadium's sound system after he makes a bucket and Flair also coined the term "to be the man, you've got to beat the man." Need to see some proof? Check out some of his best quotes down below.
[Spotted At CBS Local]
Subscribe to HipHopWired on YouTube!
- George Zimmerman Wins Again -- Domestic Violence Charges DROPPED
- Toya Wright -- Jail Was a Nightmare ... I Wouldn't Wish It On My Worst Enemy
- Beyonce's Dad -- I'm NOT A Deadbeat Dad!
- Toya Wright -- Lil Wayne's Baby Mama ARRESTED in Georgia
- Amanda Bynes At Disneyland Acting Goofy
- Day 26 -- BOY BAND REUNITING -- And We Have Diddy's Blessing