Raz B Coma Story Was A Hoax
You can officially go back to hating Raz B again. Reports of the former B2K singer being in a coma and on life support were a hoax, according to his manager.
Late last week, the struggle & B crooner was hit in the face with a bottle while trying to break up a fight. There was evidence of that, thanks to pictures showing his bloodied face.
Then the story got shifty—Hip-Hop Wired pointed out the shady details, or lack thereof—when after leaving the hospital, Raz B was allegedly re-admitted the next day when one of his dancers was unable to wake him. Turns out that was a tall tale.
CNN reports that Raz's manager, Elayne Rivers, informed them on Monday (August 19) that the Raz B being in a coma portion of the story was a hoax. "The comments about Raz being in a coma did not come from his official representative," Rivers told CNN.
Also, Raz's brother Ricky Romance said that he was misled about his kin's condition.
"I was unfortunately unable to contact my brother at the time and then panicked," Romance told CNN. "I then alerted as many people of this information hoping to gather facts... Since the source that gave me this information was what I thought to be legitimately reliable I didn't question I just believed. I apologize if I seem like I jumped to conclusions but a coma is a serious situation and it was concerning my brother whom is my best friend as well. I sincerely apologize for the confusion I caused if that is the case."
Of course, when the jig was up, Raz B started trying to cover his tracks. TMZ's original source, a woman named Toy Jones, never confirmed what hospital Raz B was admitted to in China. Soon enough Jones started saying that Raz B had experienced a "miraculous" recovery. CNN chose not to run with Jones' claims and also received an e-mail from Raz B asking that no story be published.
Raz B certainly got plenty of publicity, and sympathy, from this story. But now, after surely shaking their heads at the audacity of this guy, everyone will go back to not caring.