Bad Batch Of "Molly" Blamed For Recent Deaths & ODs
You might want to re-think popping that Molly. The popular drug, a purified variant of MDMA aka ecstasy, is being blamed for recent overdoses and deaths, including the two people who died at the Electric Zoo music festival in NYC this past weekend.
The New York Daily News reports that Boston police believe that a bad batch of the synthetic drug being sold throughout the Northeast is what led to ODs last week at the House of Blues in Boston and at the Electric Zoo concert on Randalls Island in NYC. The last day of the latter was cancelled after four non-fatal ODs and a pair of ODs that led to deaths.
Both Jeffrey Russ, 23, a Syracuse University grad, and Olivia Rotondo, a 20-year-old student at the University of New Hampshire, died Saturday (August 31) after being rushed to local NYC hospitals.
Photo: Electric Zoo