UPDATE: 2 Chainz has unveiled the tracklist for his Freebase EP, due to release May 5. It dons seven songs and features guest appearances from Rick Ross, A$AP Rockie, Lil Boosie, and more. Check it out after the jump.
2 Chainz is readying a new release just in time for summer, but it isn’t the next installment of his B.O.A.T.S. series. Instead, the Def Jam rapper cooked up the FreeBase EP for our collective listening pleasure.
“It has been a minute since the release of my album B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time and I wanted to give something special to my fans while I record my follow up album,” 2 Chainz said in an official statement. “This is a taste of what is to come, and is most importantly, for them.”
The fan theme rings the accompanying artwork, which 2 Chainz selected out of a pool of thousands of entries on Instagram. This of course followed a challenge to his followers, whom he charged with creating a cover to be submitted with the #freebase hashtag. The winner dons an image of legendary comedian and actor Richard Pryor, who was very candid about his drug addiction, laying in a bed while garbed in two chains. Perfecto.
FreeBase dons five new tracks and releases May 5. See the cover on the following page after streaming a visual below.
1. “Don’t Do It (Intro)”
2. “Trap Back” prod by Street Symphony & 808XELiTE
3. “Freebase” prod by C Note
4. “Flexxin On My Baby Mama” prod by Dj Paul K.O.M. & Twhy for Scale a ton ENT
5. “WudaCudaShuda” feat Lil Boosie prod by Mike Will
6. “Crib In Closet” feat Rick Ross and A$AP Rocky prod by Metro Boomin & 808 Mafia
7. “They Know” Feat Cap 1 & Ty Dolla $ign prod by Young Chop