Janky promoters and their shady tactics can bring the meanest temper out of any rapper and Xzibit just had a bout with both instances during a show in Australia this past Wednesday (April 23).
During a heated argument backstage, Xzibit apparently threw a steel chair WWE-style and proceeded to be the plastic surgeon in the face of struggle rapper/promoter Patrick “Mastercraft” Whyntie.
The entire ordeal was recapped by Facebook users:
Apparently Xzibit was picked up from the airport in a dodgy old Subaru with broken windows. Had to catch taxis to sound check. Got to sound check and nothing was set up. At 5pm the show was about to be canned. When it came time to come down to the show, his crew tried calling Pat to find out where their ride was. No answer. Pat was on stage performing. So they caught cabs again. That’s why in X’s words, “I smacked his bitch ass as soon as he walked off stage”. No doubt why he also made reference to picking if you want to be a rapper or a promoter. Not both.
And of course, Whyntie countered with his version of the story:
LMAO at @xzibit trying to flip his b*tch backstage tantrum around. Tell it how it was liar!
1. I walked off stage into an argument with rynoe and his manager big phil this guy is a genuine piece of work who had already tried hustling us a tour back for 6 k.
2. Rynoe and Phil where in eachothers faces big time I had no idea what was going on but basically they had been disrespecting every staff backstage on some Diva sh*t.
3. I went to calmly (and this would be on camera) push rynoe away when a hero Xzibit did some weird ass punch slap to my side…I was just in hysterical laughter like wtf is this for real?
4. Xzibit starts behaving completely unprofessionally and seemed to forget I’d just been on stage hyping him, had put another 10 grand in his pocket and and kept his name big in Adelaide.
5. Rynoe loses it and wants to fight X 1 on 1 xzibit picks up a chair and throws it the direction of me haha who is still like WTFFFF is going on.
6. Xzibit stands behind security the whole time as a lot of our crew is swelling and I am doing my best to keep them calm.
7. For peace sakes WE NOT HIM are not allowed in the main area.
8. Xzibit then dissed me on stage 1/3rd of the crowd walked out and by now security was around us and had called the cops because a guy had brought a taser in for X.
9. I stayed and shook hands and thanked people for coming till the end.
10. Xzibit F**K YOU for acting like a bitch, dissing hardworking people because you can’t handle situations like a normal person and LYING about the cops getting called.
Want more facts speak to GEN from the UniBar who can attest to this all.
Madcap says when Xzibit eventually took the stage, he “Then got the whole crowd to chant “F**k Patrick’.” According to Madcap’s own recollection, Whyntie has been a failure at Hip-Hop promoting for years, apexing with a larger festival going down the toilet two years prior.
Watch the video of the entire event below. Xzibit took to his Twitter posing with the local police saying, “And he called the cops on me..see how that worked out. I love Adelaide. See you guys next time.”
Photo: Twitter/Xzibit, Derek Madcap