A Chicago woman has sued McDonald’s in court today claiming that her daughter was seriously burned in 2009 when a hot chocolate she ordered spilled and burned her leg.

Vicki LaRocco purchased the hot chocolate for her daughter on April 28, 2009 at a McDonald’s drive-through window in Schiller Park, according to the lawsuit.  The lid of the cup was improperly secured, , and the beverage spilled onto LaRocco’s daughter causing “severe pain and scarring,” the suit states.

She further alleges that McDonald’s should have known that the hot chocolate was too hot to drink.

However, this is not the first time this has happened to McDonalds, in 1994, an elderly woman was awarded over $2 million after suing McDonald’s for burns she suffered when coffee she bought at a drive-through window spilled in her lap. That amount was later reduced by a judge.

LaRocco is asking for an unspecified amount of damages.

I hope she wins the money, how was she suppose to know that the Hot Chocolate was hot?  Smh…

comments – add yours
MORE FROM HIP-HOP WIRED
FROM SITES WE LOVE