Suge Knight Pleads Not Guilty To Threatening To Kill F. Gary Gray
Suge Knight was recently indicted for threatening to kill Friday director F. Gary Gray. However, the Death Row Records founder has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Apparently, this all started with Suge seeking payment for the use of his likeness in Gray’s Straight Outta Compton film.
Reports Page Six:
Knight’s attorney, Matthew Fletcher, told reporters that his client had been in negotiations with Gray and was seeking compensation for the use of his likeness in the film.
The indictment against Knight alleges he made specific threats against Gray that conveyed “an immediate prospect of execution,” leading Gray to fear for his life and the safety of his family. Fletcher said Knight denies threatening Gray.
“There is certainly no evidence he sent any texts threatening him,” the defense attorney said.
Knight remains jailed and is awaiting trial on an unrelated murder charge filed after a 2015 incident in which he ran over two men outside a Compton burger stand, killing one. His lawyers have said he was fleeing armed attackers when he struck the men.
Knight, who is already in the bing, was ordered to be held on $1M bail. Ain’t like he was going anywhere.
He will be back in court next week.