The big day for Apple has arrived. Today (Sept. 12), the tech company announced their new iPhone lineup, the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and the iPhone X “the most advanced iPhone” ever. You know Twitter acted accordingly to the reveal.
— The TZA (@TatianaKing) September 12, 2017
The Apple Event was held on Apple’s new nerd sanctuary, Apple Park inside the perfectly named Steve Jobs theater to mark the momentous occasion of the tenth anniversary of the iconic iPhone. Now we are going to skip the Apple TV 4K and Apple Watch series 3 and get to what’s really important the iPhone.
We knew from leaks that the iPhone 8 was coming and it sounded nice, but Apple totally made viewers forget about it with the announcement of the iPhone X.
So what makes the iPhone X the most advanced iPhone ever? Here is the breakdown:
- All-Screen Design front and back. Made out of the most durable glass used in a smartphone ever.
- 5.8-inch Super Retina display the first OLED display that meets iPhone standards with HDR10 and supports Dolby Vision.
- iOS11 is completely redesigned.
- Face ID. Home button is gone, no more fingerprint ID verification.
- Front and back cameras feature portrait lighting. 7MP TrueDepth camera and a redesigned 12MP rear camera with dual OIS.
- A11 Bionic chip
- Designed for wireless speed charging dubbed Air Power by Apple.
Now all of these goodies will run you a smooth $999 but we are just going to round that off to a $1000. Through your phone carriers iPhone plane you are looking at $50 a month added to your phone bill.
Of course, Twitter reacted immediately to the announcement of the iPhone X’s, the price point, the face ID feature and Apple completely making the iPhone 8 obsolete on the same day it was announced.
See more on the flip.
Usually Apple waits a year before making their phones obsolete. The iPhone 8 lasted about 10 minutes #AppleEvent
— Andrew Gebhart (@GebAndrew) September 12, 2017
Pre-orders officially open up for the iPhone X 10/27 and if you care still the iPhone 8 and 8 plus pre-orders begin on 9/15. So are you guys going to give up the rent check for ane iPhone X or nah?
For more hilarious reactions to the iPhone X hit the gallery below.