Quiet as kept, Damian Lillard‘s adidas kicks have been consistently aesthetically pleasing and performance enhancing. The trend continues with the new Dame 4.
The Portland Trailblazer star and legit rappers latest signature shoe is designed to minimize distractions while maintaining comfort. The shoe features a ventilated mesh upper and supportive lace cables for foot lockdown. Full-length BOUNCE cushioning makes for a smooth ride while the unique traction pattern helps with Dame’s quick cuts. Designed with unique grooves for creating space against defenders, an evolved traction pattern is reworked as a nod to Dame’s quick cuts and hard drives to the basket.
The shoe also features homages to his rap skills, and his Dame D.O.L.L.A. alter ego, via a musical waveform seen where the Bounce cushioning meets the outsole. There is also a YKWTII (“You Know What Time It Is”) on the heel while DAME CERTIFIED is seen on the sockliner along with the motto “Patience Persistence Purpose.”
The lace band features time stamps of notable moments in his career, including:
- 35.12 – Breakout game stats that put Damian on coaches’ maps in high school
- 25.6.4 – Nation-leading stats that got Dame noticed during his final season at Weber State
- 6 – Selected as the No. 6 overall pick and averaged 19 points, 6.5 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game to earn 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 0.9 – With just .9 seconds remaining on the clock, Dame drained a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer in 2014 and Dame Time was officially born
- 0 – 0% chance critics gave Dame on his journey from Oakland to Ogden to Oregon
The adidas Dame 4 is out now and costs $115 on adidas.com.
Check out detailed images below and on the following pages.
Photo: adidas Basketball