Exclusive: Stevie J Working On Music For Mariah Carey & Kanye West
As the obligatory villain, and self-professed "good guy" of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, the business opportunities continue to roll in for Stevie J, but he's still very much focused on his music.
The New York native has produced hits for the likes of Mariah Carey, Jay-Z and more, and has been working on a bunch of new projects. "I'm just going to continue to put out music, continue to put out product," he tells Hip-Hop Wired. "Continue to be a great dad, and a moving force in our community."
According to Stevie he will re-team with Carey, plus add Kanye West to his resume. "I'm working on music for Mariah, for Kanye, and for a host of other artists. I'm just gon' keep producing and get back on my music game, now that television [is] over."
Carey, who was honored as an icon at this year's BMI Urban Awards,
is working on a new album, the lead single of which is the inspirational track "Triumphant," featuring Rick Ross
and Meek Mill
. Stevie produced "Breakdown," "Honey," and "Babydoll" for the songstress but wants to keep the details behind the new music he's cooking up for her, under wraps. "You gotta' stay tuned," he says.
Signing on to appear on reality TV has the potential to be a major payoff for Stevie. Aside from making music for others, he's also working on his own project, and a relationship book.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Three 6 Mafia Bring Out Strippers At Supreme NYC Fashion Night Out Party [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• Wired 25: Hip-Hop's 25 Favorite Athletes
• Lil Wayne Celebrates Launch Of Beats By Dre Custom Headphones [PHOTOS]
• Pharrell Williams Talks Bedding Cougars & Working With Miley Cyrus [PHOTOS]
• Jay-Z Talks Fatherhood & More With The New York Times [PHOTOS]
• Streets On Fire: 10 Victims Of Chicago's Violent Murder Spike [PHOTOS]
• 10 Instances In Which Bandz Indeed Made Her Dance [PHOTOS]
• Jay-Z & Blue Ivy Kick It On A Yacht & Celebrate Beyoncé's Birthday [PHOTOS]