Even though she headlined the Long Beach Lesbian & Gay Pride Festival in Southern California last month, Queen Latifah has no plans to open a discussion on her sexual preference. The notoriously private entertainment mogul denied making reference to her sexuality, despite reports that she said she was “proud to be among her people.”
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the 42-year-old dropped some interesting details about Tupac, while maintaining that she did not come out of the closet at the gay pride event. “That definitely wasn’t the case,” she tells EW. “I’ve never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It’s just not gonna happen,” she said.
“To me, doing a gay pride show is one of the most fun things. My first show that paid more than $10,000 was in a gay club on New Year’s Eve in San Francisco. Tupac happened to be in town, so he came to kick it with me. This was the early ’90s. And the boys were like, ‘Take your shirt off, Tupac!’ He wasn’t doing that. But we had a blast in there.”
When she’s not being hounded about her personal life, the Oscar-nominee is building a television empire. Latifah currently has two scripted shows on cable, Single Ladies, and Let’s Stay Together, and recently wrapped production on the remake of Steel Magnolias.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Young Jeezy In The Studio With T.I., B.o.B. & More [PHOTOS]
• Diddy Courts The Weeknd In Miami [PHOTOS]
• Hip-Hop Clichés That Made MCs Stars, But Struggle Rappers Abuse
• The Simp Files: Rappers Who Famously Feuded Over Chicks
• Beyoncé Posts Pics Of Atlantic City Concert [PHOTOS]
• The History Of The YMCMB vs. G.O.O.D. Music Cold War [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• 15 Flicks Of Rihanna Kissing People [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Songs Of 2012 So Far [LISTEN]
• 10 Rappers In The 40 & Over Club That Still Got The Glow
Photo: I Am Beauty Geek
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
GloRilla "Embarrassed" By Her High School Photo Used As Ja Morant Meme
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
Lil Baby Announces "It's Only Us" Tour Featuring GloRilla And More