Legendary R&B artist, R. Kelly, was rushed back to Chicago from New York City after falling ill. According to a press release from his publicist, the “Pied Piper of R&B” was set to appear on the Today show as well as Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, but had to pull out due to complications following surgery he underwent last year to fix an abscess on his vocal chords.
Kellz was in New York City this week promoting his new album, Write Me Back, which is projected to sell close to 75,000 units in its first week. The Grammy-award winning artist was also promoting his new memoir Soulacoaster: The Diary of Me, which recalled stories of working with the many artists he has worked with in the past.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Wired 25: The 25 Best 2 Chainz Guest Appearances [LISTEN]
• Maybach Music Group’s Pop-Up Shop At ALIFE NYC [PHOTOS]
• 7 Black Musicians Who Died of AIDS [PHOTOS]
• Behind The Scenes Of Trina’s “I’m Back” Video Shoot [PHOTOS]
• Willow Smith Gets A “Fake” Tongue Ring [PHOTOS]
• A$AP Rocky Rocks Weird Clothes For WAD Magazine [PHOTOS]
• 7 Reasons Why Dr. Dre’s Detox Will Never Drop
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Wives and Girlfriends In Hip-Hop
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died