Hip-Hop fans in the know will agree that Nas has been on an undeniable roll lately. Having blessed our ears with leaks from Life Is Good with perfect timing and an obvious new fire, the Queens MC has proved that he’s still amongst Hip-Hop’s lyrical elite with tracks like “Nasty,” “The Don” and most recently “Loco-Motive.” It appears that the Illmatic MC has also found the remedy for his achilles heel, by displaying a fresh ear for stellar production.
Nas furthers claims that his music reflects the album title by previewing the snippets of Life Is Good to his fans. The album, which releases July 17, features production from No I.D., frequent collaborator Salaam Remi, & Swizz Beatz. From the sound of it, Nasty Nas might have another classic on his hands. You can quote me on that.
Keep up using the tracklist provided below and listen to the snippets after the jump.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/51671511″ params=”show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
1. “No Introduction” (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
2. “Loco-Motive” feat. Large Professor (Produced by No I.D.)
3. “A Queens Story” (Produced by Salaam Remi)
4. “Accident Murderers” feat. Rick Ross (Produced by No I.D.)
5. “Daughters” (Produced by No I.D.)
6. “Reach Out” feat. Mary J. Blige (Produced by Salaam Remi, Rodney Jerkins, DJ Hot Day & Nas)
7. “World’s an Addiction” feat. Anthony Hamilton (Produced by Salaam Remi)
8. “Summer on Smash” feat. Miguel & Swizz Beatz (Produced by Swizz Beatz)
9. “You Wouldn’t Understand” feat. Victoria Monet (Produced by Buckwild)
10. “Back When” (Produced by No I.D.)
11. “The Don” (Produced by Salaam Remi, Heavy D & Da Internz)
12. “Stay” (Produced by No I.D.)
13. “Cherry Wine” feat. Amy Winehouse (Produced by Salaam Remi)
14. “Bye Baby” (Produced by Salaam Remi & Noah “40″ Shebib)
15. “Nasty” (Produced by Salaam Remi)
16. “The Black Bond” (Produced by Salaam Remi)
17. “Roses” (Produced by Al Shux)
18. “Where’s the Love” feat. Cocaine 80s (Produced by No I.D.)
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!