Before become a reality TV star (seriously), Stevie J was a Bad Boy Hitman, cranking out smash hits for the house of Sean “Diddy” Combs. It meant that the Buffalo, NY native got the privilege of lacing beats for the late, great Notorious B.I.G. When speaking on the most successful album he has been part of, the aforementioned rapper’s Life After Death album, the multi-platinum produced also revealed what it was like working with Big Poppa.
“He had his mind focused on his agenda, whatever the song was,” Stevie told Hip-Hop Wired. “He never had a piece of paper writing it down. He just had his weed in the studio and his liquor flowing and the Branson in the air. He just created from just what he heard. He could have a million conversations going on while the beats was still rolling and then come up with a song. How do you do that when there’s like 20 ni–as in the studio talking and you writing to a beat? That’s very hard to do, to concentrate. So I never saw an artist with such focus. Supreme focus.”
Check out the rest of the clip below to see Stevie J talk about being Eve’s first love and why he chose to work with Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta cast mate Karlie Redd. Oh yeah, Joseline Hernandez says something, too.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Bangin Candy: Evelyn Lozada [PHOTOS]
• Rick Ross Takes A Trip To Lagos, Nigeria [PHOTOS]
• Where Are They Now?: The Shining Stars of Rawkus Records [PHOTOS]
• Check My Footwork: 10 Shoes & The Rappers Who Helped Make Them Famous [PHOTOS]
• Terry Richardson Shoots Rick Ross For Rolling Stone [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• Swagger Back: 10 Rappers That Were Left For Dead, But Bounced Back Like Cooked Cr@ck
• Ya Headed For Self-Destruction: The Chad Ochocinco Edition
• I Do: 10 Songs Rappers Dedicated To The Women In Their Lives
Photo: Hip-Hop Wired
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died