Lil Wayne is continuing to make moves in the fashion world after the successful launch of his Trukfit clothing line. Along with his long lists of achievements with music, touring and endorsements, the Young Money captain is now adding a skateboarding shoe to his long line of business endeavors outside of rapping. While at the MAGIC Convention in Las Vegas, Weezy sat down with MTV News and spoke about linking up with shoe company SUPRA.
“I was just rocking them when I was skating and stuff and when I got real cool with the homey [professional skateboarder] Stevie Williams, it was kinda like a plug from him,” said Wayne. “He [Williams] been with SUPRA. He just let them know. Even before I was skating, I was rocking SUPRAs before I even knew what they were. It was just a mutual respect on each end so it was just bound to happen.”
Wayne apparently had the interest of other shoe companies looking to use his powerful brand in a collaborative effort but he kept it true by sticking with the company that introduced him to skateboard wear. “It was only right for me to mess with the people I been rocking with even before they was a skate shoe,” continued Wayne. The Lil Wayne/SUPRA collaboration is slated for a May 2013 release.
Check out the interview below
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Cash Money CEO Ronald “Slim” Williams Buys Largest House In South Florida [PHOTOS]
• Bangin Candy: Evelyn Lozada [PHOTOS]
• Rick Ross Takes A Trip To Lagos, Nigeria [PHOTOS]
• Where Are They Now?: The Shining Stars of Rawkus Records [PHOTOS]
• Check My Footwork: 10 Shoes & The Rappers Who Helped Make Them Famous [PHOTOS]
• Terry Richardson Shoots Rick Ross For Rolling Stone [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• Swagger Back: 10 Rappers That Were Left For Dead, But Bounced Back Like Cooked Cr@ck
• I Do: 10 Songs Rappers Dedicated To The Women In Their Lives
Photo: MTV News
BTB Savage Reportedly Shot & Killed Hours After Posting Bloody Photo
Tekashi 6ix9ine Catches The Fade In Florida LA Fitness, Twitter Has No Sympathy
LA Fitness Staff Rushed Tekashi 6ix9ine To A Safe Room After He Caught The Hands & Feet
Twitter Says Gunna Is On Fade Notice After Tekashi 6ix9ine Got The Brakes Beat Off Him
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
Baes & Baddies: Supremely Stacked Shadée Monique Is More Than Just Joe Budden's Boo
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]