Hillary Clinton is stepping in the line of fire regarding an attack on a U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya that killed a U.S. Ambassador, last month. According to the secretary of state, she is fully responsible for any security breach that may have led to the death of four Americans.
“I take responsibility,” Clinton said Monday (Oct. 15). “I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha,” she added absolving President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden of any security mistakes, given the forthcoming election.
In regards to the death of Ambassador Christopher Stevens, Clinton said that she is personally committed to getting to the bottom of things. “Nobody wants to get answers more than I do. These were people who I care deeply about. I knew Chris Stevens. I asked him personally to be in Benghazi during the revolution. I personally nominated him to be ambassador because I couldn’t think of a better person to represent the United States: Somebody who understood what was at stake for Libya what was at stake for U.S. I saw how these revolutions could be so positive or hijacked. He understood that. He was instrumental in working with Libyans. I care deeply about what happened that night.”
The attacks which took place on Sept. 11 were set off by a controversial film blasting the Islamic religion. Clips of the film, were unearthed in July, but caused an uprising in the Muslim world, notably in Northern Africa and parts of the Middle East, months later.
In wake of the tragic death of Stevens and others, the commander in chief vowed to seek justice for the slain Americans.
According to Clinton, an investigation into the attack is now underway.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!