Subscribe
HipHopWired Featured Video
CLOSE

Terrence Howard and his divorce struggles are the stuff of legend, but the actor won a small victory after a judge overturned a divorce settlement in his favor. The judge decided that Howard was threatened to sign the settlement due to his ex-wife, Michelle Ghent, threatening to leak photos of his alleged small penis and other questionable media to the public.

The Associated Press reported on the court developments Monday from Los Angeles Superior Court, which effectively ends Ghent’s pursuit of Howard’s salary he earns from the hit Fox show Empire. The pair will now also have to negotiate the terms of their settlement, which Howard supposedly signed in 2012 under the threat that Ghent would expose sensitive material that could damage him.

The New York Daily News also picked up the story, nothing that Howard was in tears during his testimony.

From the Daily News:

Howard’s ex was no Cookie Lyon, but Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Thomas Trent Lewis said she was manipulative enough to scare him into thinking she would leak private details about him, including phone sex recordings with other women and a video of the actor dancing naked in a bathroom.

“The evidence of extortion or duress was unrebutted,” Lewis said in his ruling.

The ruling means Howard and his ex-wife Michelle Ghent, will have to negotiate a new financial agreement.

The “Empire” star tearfully testified about Ghent’s threats during a recent hearing.

Lewis did not hear from Ghent because her attorneys did not submit a sworn statement from her in advance of the hearing.

Howard’s love life has been on a bit of a downturn after it was revealed that he and his wife, Mira Pak, separated in July. However, it seems that Howard and Pak are still friendly as she was in court with him earlier this month during the settlement hearings with Ghent.

Photo: ATP/WENN

MORE FROM HIP-HOP WIRED