2012 has been the year of the come-up for songwriters and producers. Add Salaam Remi to the list of production mavens getting ready to take the corner office at record labels.
According to Billboard.com, Sony Music Entertainment is expected to name Salaam Remi as executive VP of A&R/production. Unlike the Young Jeezy’s and The-Dream’s of the world, Remi’s reach will stretch beyond urban as he will work across all platforms.
Remi’s banner year culminated with the executive production of Nas‘ critical and commercial success, Life Is Good. He’s also secured production credits on Alicia Keys‘ “Girl On Fire” and Miguel’s Kaleidoscope Dream.
Remi joins No ID (Def Jam), The-Dream (Def Jam), Tricky Stewart (Epic Records), and Dallas Austin (Island) as songwriters and producers who have taken front office positions in the past year.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Mass Appeal: 10 Rappers Who Would Make Great A&Rs [GALLERY]
• Talk That Talk: 5 Best Journalist Lines From Aboard The Rihanna Plane…So Far [PHOTOS]
• Gucci Mane Gets His Model On In LRG 2012 Holiday Lookbook [PHOTOS]
• adidas D Rose 3 “Michigan Avenue,” “’90s Throwback” & “Brenda” Colorways [PHOTOS]
• Ballers Ternt Actors: The 10 Best Actors In NBA History
• The Afro Struggle aka A Timeline Of What In Thee F-ck Is Up With Andrew Bynum’s Hair? [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: Nobody’s Perfect – The 25 Biggest Fails From Rap Superstars
• In Their Falsetto: The Struggle-Voiced Singers That Hip-Hop Can’t Do Without [PHOTOS]
More Stories From Hip-Hop Wired