Antares Audio Technologies has announced the availability of “I Am T-Pain,” the first (and only) iPhone app to put genuine Auto-Tune technology in the palm of your hand. Jointly developed by Antares, T-Pain’s Nappy Boy Enterprises, and Smule (the developer of iPhone musical app, Ocarina), “I Am T-Pain” lets you step into the (musical) shoes of T-Pain and sing and record your own versions of “Bartender,” “I’m Sprung,” “Dream Girl” and more, complete with the authentic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect. Once you’ve recorded your song, you can post it on your Facebook wall or your MySpace page, and email it to your friends.
Marco Alpert, Antares VP of Marketing, spoke on the application, stating, “It’s been great working with all of the incredibly talented people at Smule, and with T-Pain and Nappy Boy Enterprises to bring I Am T-Pain to the iPhone. T-Pain’s hugely successful use of the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect has made it one of the signature vocal sounds of our time, so it’s especially gratifying to be able to make the authentic T-Pain experience available to anyone with an iPhone. Maybe Auto-Tune is not so dead after all, huh?”
More I Am T-Pain information is available at the Antares web site: http://www.antarestech.com and at http://iamtpain.smule.com/.
I Am T-Pain is available now at the iTunes iPhone App Store.
Key I Am T-Pain features include:
* Genuine Auto-Tune technology, right in the palm of your hand
* Bundled T-Pain tracks, including lyrics, for singing along alone or with your friends
* The ability to record and stream your songs to Facebook, MySpace and email
* Freestyle mode lets you create your own song
* Additional tracks available for purchase right from the application via iPhone OS 3.0