When news of Flavor Flav’s upcoming chicken joint hit the Internets, folks may have thought it was another dig at the walking punch line that the Public Enemy hype man has become. Last night, however, the reality TV star made good on the news by opening his deep-fried southern food-styled restaurant in Las Vegas, and even got busy on the flour and fryer bit himself. No word yet if any red Kool-Aid and white bread will accompany the crispy heart attack treats.
“Flavor Flav House Of Flavor” opened with the red and gold motif emblazoning the sign above the restaurant. In a clever nod to his customary stage adornment, the letter “O” in the sign was replaced with clocks. Also featured on the take-out joint’s sign was Flav’s customary “yeaahh boyyy!” adlib made famous from his days with Public Enemy. The menu features a lot of Flav, no pun intended, as he hams it up in photos by each of the menu items. Here fans can witness the many bizarre looks of Flava, with choices between “Chicken Light” and “Chicken Hungry” combo options. Way to go for the inventive, Flav.
Last night’s event looked well attended, and there are some shots of the 53-year old man child frying the chicken himself with the requisite flour on his fancy red jacket. Flava Flav is all smiles now, but his first foray into the fried bird business went belly up in Iowa with business partners Nick and Peter Cimino having to shut down the location after just six months.
Flav’s chicken shack may have a better shot in Sin City, but we’re wondering what does PE front man Chuck D think of all this? Is Professor Griff going to be handling security? Peep the photos in the gallery.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Shiny Suits: 10 Of The Oddest Lawsuits In Hip-Hop History
• Backstage At SOB’s 30th Anniversary Show With Kanye West, 2 Chainz, Victor Cruz & More [PHOTOS]
• Behind The Scenes Of “This Time Of Night (Tip Drill 2)” With Nelly And T.I. [PHOTOS]
• Hip-Hop Wired Presents: A Tribute To BET Uncut
• Nicki Minaj Shows Her Curves On The Set Of “Starships” [PHOTOS]
• Drake Covers GQ Magazine, Says Climaxing Is Real [PHOTOS]
• Bangin’ Candy: Tyga’s Girlfriend Blac Chyna [PHOTOS]
• Get Off The Boo Boo: 7 Things Rappers Make Look Cool (That Really Are Not)
• 10 Rappers To Help Rihanna Get Over Chris Brown
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died