Sean Garrett needs to start paying his bills. The singer/songwriter clocked a hefty debt to Uncle Sam, according to TMZ. Garrett as skipped out on paying back taxes in 2006 and 2007, and owes the government $732,553.57.
Fed-up with his non-payment, the IRS has allowed for BMI— the company which collects royalties for the artists it represents—to garnish Garrett’s wages. Being that he is the man behind hits for the likes of Nicki Minaj, Usher, Ciara, Beyoncé and more, taking away his royalties will be a severe blow to his pockets.
On the plus side, failing to pay his bills puts him in a club with an elite group of musicians including, Nas, Wyclef, and R. Kelly.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Jamie Foxx Plays Freed Slave In Quentin Tarantino Directed Django Unchained [PHOTOS]
• French Montana ft. Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne – “Pop Dat” BTS [PHOTOS]
• 5 Awkward Moments Involving Lauryn Hill [PHOTOS]
• The History Of The YMCMB vs. G.O.O.D. Music Cold War [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• 15 Flicks Of Rihanna Kissing People [PHOTOS]
• Stop The Lies: 10 Examples Why There Is No Such Thing As A Post-Racial America
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Songs Of 2012 So Far [LISTEN]
• Bangin Candy – Taylor Gang’s Lola Monroe [PHOTOS]
• 10 Rappers In The 40 & Over Club That Still Got The Glow
Photo: In Flex We Trust