Lil Scrappy doesn’t mince his words for anybody. The Atlanta rapper, and now reality star thanks to VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, is aware of all the slander that went down when the show premiered this past Monday; mainly over its portrayal of Black women.
“They know that’s how it go,” Scrappy tells Hip-Hop Wired. “They talk about it on the radio all the time, that’s how it go. ‘Ahh, I don’t know why these rappers are out there, that’s all they do is mess with these women, leave they women at home.’ Well that’s what we just showed you, ya feel me?”
The “Money In The Bank” rapper added, “I know why they mad. I know why they give us bad criticism. We ain’t even had one fight on there yet and they gave us bad criticism. They wish they could be on there, theyself [sic]. How hot it was when it came out the other day, everybody with they could have that. I didn’t even know it was going to be like that. I wish last year I could have that, so I know why they mad.”
Check out Scrappy explain why he agree to participate on the show (it meant his mom, Momma Dee, who is ’bout that life, gets paid), shouts out Mob Wives and explains when a remote control come in handy in our exclusive clip below. Lil Scrappy’s sophomore album, Tha Grustle, is out June 26th on G’$up/S-Line/Bonzi Records.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Former NBA Player Jayson Williams’ Post-Prison Goal Is To “Be Better” [PHOTOS]
• The Hater’s Guide To Handling A Potential Miami Heat Championship [PHOTOS]
• LeBron James Says “In Two Years Dwyane Wade Became Dwayne Wayne” [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• Kate Upton Poses For GQ, Photographed By Terry Richardson [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Wives and Girlfriends In Hip-Hop
• Bangin Candy: Analicia Chaves From Flo Rida’s “Wild Ones” Video [PHOTOS]
• T.I., Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne & More At Hot 107.9’s Birthday Bash [PHOTOS]
• Play Cloths Summer 2012 Collection ft. Stephanie “StephieSoS-xy” Arenas [PHOTOS]
• 10 Rappers That Will Prosper With A Proper Name Change
Photo: Hip-Hop Wired
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died