Meek Mill isn’t celebrating with Rick Ross today as he releases his new album, God Forgives, I Don’t. Meek, whose real name is Robert Williams, was in court today for a prior gun and drug conviction. Lou Savino, attorney for Meek Mill, says that today’s appearance is for a status hearing on that previous charge.
Milly was subsequently paroled to house arrest, which is completed, and now is on probation. His probation was in danger if it turned out he was involved in the Chris Brown/Drake scuffle in New York City. Meek has to go to court every 3 to 6 months to make sure he is in compliance. In his song, “The Ride,” off of Dreamchasers 2, mentions that the DA is handling his current case and he was warned by the judge no to mention the District Attorney in any of his lyrics.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• T.I.’s New “Go Get It” Video Features Big A$$ Mansion, Very Small Bikinis [PHOTOS]
• Dallas Mavericks Star Dirk Nowitzki Marries Wife In Traditional Kenyan Ceremony [PHOTOS]
• Rosenberg’s Night Of Real Hip-Hop With Odd Future & More [PHOTOS]
• Fat Joe Brings Out Kanye West, Jadakiss & More For “Pride & Joy” Video Shoot [PHOTOS]
• Olympic Swimmer Ryan Lochte Banned From Wearing Custom Grill On Medal Stand [PHOTOS]
• 15 People Who Merged Rapping With Singing (Before Drake) [GALLERY]
• 11 Notable Black Olympians Who Deserve Your Respect [PHOTOS]
• 5 Reasons Why The Jackson Family Is Bat Sh-t Crazy
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died