Lauryn Hill can’t catch a break. Back in June, the former Fugees singer and rapper, who didn’t pay federal taxes on over $1.6M in earnings from 2005 to 2007, plead guilty to tax evasion charges. Now, TMZ reports that Ms. Hill owes her home state of New Jersey more than $440,000 in unpaid taxes.
A civil judgement was filed against Hill on June 14th for exactly $446,386. The “Lost Ones” singer hasn’t been charged, so theoretically she can avoid more legal shenanigans if she pays her tab. As for the federal tax matter, she is scheduled to be sentenced in November and faces up to three years in prison.
Don’t expect Lauryn Hill to be discussing any of her legal troubles anytime soon, though. Oprah Winfrey reportedly reached out for an interview with Hill for the OWN Network only to be turned down. Also, Hill’s mugshot was recently released, see below, and the struggle in her face is very real.
Let’s hope for the best when Hill is sentenced, if just for the sake of her six children alone.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Cash Money CEO Ronald “Slim” Williams Buys Largest House In South Florida [PHOTOS]
• Bangin Candy: Evelyn Lozada [PHOTOS]
• Rick Ross Takes A Trip To Lagos, Nigeria [PHOTOS]
• Where Are They Now?: The Shining Stars of Rawkus Records [PHOTOS]
• Check My Footwork: 10 Shoes & The Rappers Who Helped Make Them Famous [PHOTOS]
• Terry Richardson Shoots Rick Ross For Rolling Stone [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• Swagger Back: 10 Rappers That Were Left For Dead, But Bounced Back Like Cooked Cr@ck
• I Do: 10 Songs Rappers Dedicated To The Women In Their Lives
Photo: US Marshals Service
Tekashi 6ix9ine Catches The Fade In Florida LA Fitness, Twitter Has No Sympathy
LA Fitness Staff Rushed Tekashi 6ix9ine To A Safe Room After He Caught The Hands & Feet
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
Twitter Says Gunna Is On Fade Notice After Tekashi 6ix9ine Got The Brakes Beat Off Him
Baes & Baddies: Supremely Stacked Shadée Monique Is More Than Just Joe Budden's Boo
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode