Skyzoo recently dropped visuals for his 9th Wonder-produced coming of age tale “Jansport Strings.” The Brooklyn MC describes the video as a parallel between himself at 9-year olds and the accomplished artist that he is today, and how the things that groomed him haven’t changed. The video ends with a clip from the legendary Video Music Box show, featuring Chi-Ali’s “Age Ain’t Nothin But A Number,” which Skyzoo describes as the pinnacle moment that inspired him to be a rapper.
The warm clip can be credited to director Anthony Sylvester. “Jansport Strings,” is the lead single from Skyzoo’s upcoming album, A Dream Deferred, due out October 2 on The Faculty/Duck Down Music. Check out the video after the jump.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Streets On Fire: 10 Victims Of Chicago’s Violent Murder Spike [PHOTOS]
• 10 Instances In Which Bandz Indeed Made Her Dance [PHOTOS]
• Jay-Z & Blue Ivy Kick It On A Yacht & Celebrate Beyoncé’s Birthday [PHOTOS]
• Top 5 Struggle Moments From Part 2 Of The Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta Reunion [PHOTOS]
• Beyoncé’s 12 Best Hip-Hop Collaborations [LISTEN]
• Bruk It Down: Images From 2012 West Indian Day Parade [PHOTOS]
• Backstage At Jay-Z’s Made In America Festival (Day 2) [PHOTOS]
• Chris Lighty: A Timeline Of Accomplishments [PHOTOS]
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Azealia Banks Takes Disgusting Swipe At DC Young Fly After Death Of Ms. Jacky Oh
Congrats On The Sex: Zion Williamson Shares He's About To Be A Dad, Moriah Mills Enters The Chat
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer