Usher won custody of his two sons last month, and he wants his ex-wife to accept the ruling and move on. The 33-year-old filed paperwork to block Tameka Raymond’s motion to retry the case on grounds that the judge was biased.
Tameka alleges that the court ruled in Usher’s favor because his lawyers raised money for the judge’s re-election bid. According to the R&B star, the mother of his children has made claims that are “an assault on the integrity of the court.”
Questioning the court’s motive in ruling in his favor, would call into question any and all similar cases in which a lawyer has made financial contributions to a judge’s campaign, so says Usher. He went on to call Tameka’s latest attempt “a continuum of vile and unsupported claims that every person who dared testify against her … is biased and tainted.”
A judge has yet to rule on Usher’s allegations, and he and his former wife don’t appear to be calling a truce anytime soon. They have been engaged in a very public battle that has spilled into the social networking sector, with each party using Facebook and Twitter, to slander one another.
The former couple share two sons, Usher Raymond V, and Naviyd Raymond.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Three 6 Mafia Bring Out Strippers At Supreme NYC Fashion Night Out Party [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• Wired 25: Hip-Hop’s 25 Favorite Athletes
• Lil Wayne Celebrates Launch Of Beats By Dre Custom Headphones [PHOTOS]
• Pharrell Williams Talks Bedding Cougars & Working With Miley Cyrus [PHOTOS]
• Jay-Z Talks Fatherhood & More With The New York Times [PHOTOS]
• Streets On Fire: 10 Victims Of Chicago’s Violent Murder Spike [PHOTOS]
• 10 Instances In Which Bandz Indeed Made Her Dance [PHOTOS]
• Jay-Z & Blue Ivy Kick It On A Yacht & Celebrate Beyoncé’s Birthday [PHOTOS]
Photo: Carlton Joran
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died