Kim Kardashian has pretty much taken over one facet of popular culture, but as she makes her move on Hip-Hop (it’s happening, so accept it), she doesn’t seem to be picking up any new fans. Not long after she compared the growth of rap to reality TV, the 31-year-old offered her condolences for the death of Chris Lighty, but upset some for allegedly using the moment to plug her fragrance.
According to Kardashian she was trying to show people that she wasn’t jumping on a Twitter trending topic bandwagon, by offering her condolences. “I’m not just tweeting it, I know him, I work with him,” she told Bossip. “He owns my company. I didn’t name my fragrances, I wasn’t trying to promote my fragrance at all I was just saying I know him. I worked with him and I’m sad for his wife and his children.”
Lighty shot himself outside of his Bronx apartment. It is believed that both financial issues, and the dilapidation of his marriage to wife, Veronica Lighty, contributed to the tragic turn of events, but that may not be true. “My husband was too smart of a man. He was a genius. No smart man is going to leave his children for fighting with his wife,” Veronica said in an interview with the New York Daily News.
While his death has been ruled a suicide, his family has requested further inquiry into the shooting.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Three 6 Mafia Bring Out Strippers At Supreme NYC Fashion Night Out Party [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• Wired 25: Hip-Hop’s 25 Favorite Athletes
• Lil Wayne Celebrates Launch Of Beats By Dre Custom Headphones [PHOTOS]
• Pharrell Williams Talks Bedding Cougars & Working With Miley Cyrus [PHOTOS]
• Jay-Z Talks Fatherhood & More With The New York Times [PHOTOS]
• Streets On Fire: 10 Victims Of Chicago’s Violent Murder Spike [PHOTOS]
• 10 Instances In Which Bandz Indeed Made Her Dance [PHOTOS]
• Jay-Z & Blue Ivy Kick It On A Yacht & Celebrate Beyoncé’s Birthday [PHOTOS]
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
Former BET CEO Debra Lee Reveals Affair With The Network's Founder Bob Johnson, Twitter Reacts
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]
Blac Chyna Gets Breast & Butt Reductions, Wants To Be A Better Version of Herself
The Tiffany Co. x Nike Air Force 1 Drop Leaves Sneakerheads In Tears
Tyga & Avril Lavigne Confirm Relationship With Paris Kiss, Twitter Is Baffled At The Unlikely Couple