It’s been a bumpy road for Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson, and the former NFL player let his emotions run free during his first public interview since assaulting ex-wife, Evelyn Lozada.
During his episode for Showtime’s Inside the NFL, last week, the 34-year-old was emotional as he spoke on all the things that have led to a professional and personal downward spiral. “When you get a humble Chad Johnson that has lost everything that’s a big deal,” he said.
Since the altercation, which led to him being fired from the NFL, and the loss of his marriage, Johnson admitted that his disposition has changed. “You’re not getting that same individual, you’re not getting that same funny guy….I gotta prove a point. That’s the scariest thing in the world.”
Johnson also revealed that he is in anger management classes to “channel” his emotions and spoke lovingly of his relationship with Lozada. “Being married, being a husband, being a lover, was an honor, and I lost that . I lost two of the things that really meant the most to me. That someone completed my world, completed me period. But I just hadn’t made that transition to where I needed to be the best man that I could , or best husband that I could. I didn’t make it all the way, fully.”
Clearly still in love with his Lozada, Johnson did everything from tattooing her picture on his leg, to refusing to sign divorce papers. In the end, he accepted the fall of the relationship, and struck a plea deal in response to the battery charge he faces for allegedly head-butting the reality star. He will not face jail time.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Bangin Candy: Kanye West’s Alleged Freaky Flick Co-Star Monyy Mon [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Greatest Brooklyn Anthems Ever [LISTEN]
• Money To Blow: 8 Athletes Who Lost Their Fortunes Because Of Dumb Sh-t [PHOTOS]
• Stevie J & Joseline Hernandez Make It Rain At Diamond Strip Club In Atlanta [PHOTOS]
• Behind The Scenes Of Gucci Mane and Future’s “F**k The World” [PHOTOS]
• Jay-Z & Beyoncé Hold President Obama Fundraiser In NYC [PHOTOS]
• Dart Throwing: U-God Of The Wu-Tang Clan’s 10 Greatest Verses
• 8 Things You Need To Know About Kendrick Lamar’s good kid, m.A.A.d city Album
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
Former BET CEO Debra Lee Reveals Affair With The Network's Founder Bob Johnson, Twitter Reacts
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]
Blac Chyna Gets Breast & Butt Reductions, Wants To Be A Better Version of Herself
The Tiffany Co. x Nike Air Force 1 Drop Leaves Sneakerheads In Tears
Tyga & Avril Lavigne Confirm Relationship With Paris Kiss, Twitter Is Baffled At The Unlikely Couple