When faced with the important decision of attending meetings with world leaders at the United Nations, or sitting with Barbara Walters, it’s not always good to choose the acclaimed journalist.
President Obama is facing criticism for failing to hold meetings prior to his U.N. address Tuesday (Sept. 25), instead sitting with his wife, Michelle Obama, and the ladies of ABC’s The View.
While on the morning show, Obama reiterated many of the policies outlined during his speech at the Democratic National Convention, but also lightened the mood by giving the hosts a “White House” gift basket, and calling himself “man candy.”
Some felt it important for Obama to hold private meetings, given the climate overseas following a bombing in Benghazi, Libya that resulted in the death of a U.N. Ambassador Chris Stevens, plus protests in New York City over the presence of Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The Iranian leader will speak to the U.N. — likely about getting rid of Israel —Wednesday (Sept. 26), the same day as the Jewish holiday, Yom Kippur.
Null of scheduling any pre-address meetings, the President was firmer than usual during his speech. “Today, we must affirm that our future will be determined by people like Chris Stevens, and not by his killers. Today, we must declare that this violence and intolerance has no place among our United Nations.”
In response to his decision not to hold the meetings, Mitt Romney’s campaign theorized that the commander in chief is more interested in being re-elected than taking care of his duties as president.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• French Montana Goes Home To Morocco & Covers The FADER [PHOTOS]
• T.I. & Lil Wayne Kick It In New Orleans For Their “Ball” Video [PHOTOS]
• Freaky Flicks: 7 Rappers (Besides Kanye West) Who Made Dirty Movies [PHOTOS]
• Jay-Z & Beyoncé Go Uptown To La Marina To Promote D’ussé Cognac [PHOTOS]
• Behind The Scenes Of Big Sean & Meek Mill’s “Burn” [PHOTOS]
• Bangin Candy: Kanye West’s Alleged Freaky Flick Co-Star Monyy Mon [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Greatest Brooklyn Anthems Ever [LISTEN]
• Money To Blow: 8 Athletes Who Lost Their Fortunes Because Of Dumb Sh-t [PHOTOS]
Congrats On The Sex: Zion Williamson Shares He's About To Be A Dad, Moriah Mills Enters The Chat
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Azealia Banks Takes Disgusting Swipe At DC Young Fly After Death Of Ms. Jacky Oh
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Moriah Mills Continues To Crash Out Over Zion Williamson, Twitter Wants To Take Her Phone
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died