Subscribe
HipHopWired Featured Video
CLOSE

In their commercials, Axe Body Spray promises to make men irresistible to women, but using too much can require medical attention. A student at Freedom High School in Bethlehem, Penn. had to be hospitalized after using too much of the product.

It’s unclear which ingredient caused the student’s bad reaction but the school isn’t taking any chances. Officials posted a message warning students to proceed with caution, when using the body spray.

From the school’s website:

The purpose of this posting is to make all parents, staff and students aware of a medical issue involving a Freedom High School student having an extreme allergy to Axe Body Spray.  This allergy is potentially life threatening for this student.  Most recently this student has been transported to the hospital by ambulance for emergency medical treatment due to this student being exposed to Axe Body Spray while attending school.

My request to all Freedom Family members is that we take into consideration this student’s allergy to Axe Body Spray and refrain from using it as your cologne or fragrance of choice while attending Freedom High School.

On behalf of this student’s family and myself, thank you for your consideration.

 

Even though Axe is targeted to men, data from YouGov BrandIndex, revealed that women love “have a better perception” of the Unilever-distributed brand.

Go figure.

 

Photo: Comics Alliance

 

 

 

MORE FROM HIP-HOP WIRED