HipHopWired Featured Video

All charged against Def Jam rapper Jeezy stemming from weapons, including an AK-47, found on his tour bus have been dismissed. From the details and evidence, it was clear that Jeezy and the five other men he was detained with should have never been charged or held for $1 million in bail, each. 

Reports TMZ:

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ … the Orange County D.A. made the motion to dismiss the charges. The judge agreed. Presumably the motion was based on new evidence, but TMZ has learned, authorities were well aware early on … this case didn’t hold water.

Here’s what authorities knew:

— The 2 guns were owned by Jeezy’s security chief, who was not on the bus. He was in the hospital because he was shot the night before during the Suge Knight shooting at 1OAK in Hollywood.

— Cops had inspected the guns 2 days before and determined they were NOT involved in the shooting at the Wiz Khalifa concert.

— The security chief purchased the AK-47 legally in Georgia, but it’s illegal to possess an AK-47 in California … yet the security guard was not charged. Jeezy and the other 5 people on the bus who were charged weren’t in direct proximity to the weapon when cops boarded the bus. The gun was in a case behind the security chief’s bunk bed, and Jeezy was in a closed, separate cabin. We’re told DNA results confirm none of the 6 people arrested even touched the weapon.

And it gets worse. Authorities held all 6 people on $1 MILLION bail, even though the recommended bail for that offense is $20K. All 6 defendants sat in jail for 4 days until they got the bail reduced.

To be clear, all the firearms in question were legally purchased and owned by the rapper’s chief of security.

Although the case seems to be racial profiling, Jeezy was most happy about being vindicated. “I pray this had nothing to do with race but it definitely had nothing to do with evidence. Words cannot express how vindicated I feel with these charges being dismissed today,” says Jeezy via a press statement. “While my team and I always knew that the allegations and charges were based on zero facts, the rush to judgment by both the media and the police has been extremely disappointing. I’m relieved that the truth has ultimately prevailed and I would like to thank those who have always stood by me including my family and fans.”

Sources tell Hip-Hop Wired that the authorities stormed onto the bus without a proper warrant, citing the smell of marijuana smoke in the venue as enough reason to board the bus.

As previously reported, Jeezy chose not to bail himself out and just leave his employees in custody.