Lupe Fiasco has honed in on a fall release date for his Food & Liquor 2: Great American Rap Album Pt. 1 project. The Chicago rapper announced the news via his Facebook page.
Fiasco also previewed the record for his label, Atlantic Records, and it appears that he and his imprint are back on solid terms after the delay of his Lasers release. At the top of the year, the 30-year-old revealed that he was waiting, on Atlantic to give the album the green light. “I’m waiting on my record company, ain’t nothing changed. Same business, it’s on them,” he said.
No word yet on how Pete Rock feels about this whole thing, given his not-so-flattered response to Fiasco sampling his music. Nonetheless, Food & Liquor 2: Great American Rap Album Pt. 1 drops Sept. 25.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Diddy Courts The Weeknd In Miami [PHOTOS]
• Hip-Hop Clichés That Made MCs Stars, But Struggle Rappers Abuse
• The Simp Files: Rappers Who Famously Feuded Over Chicks
• Beyoncé Posts Pics Of Atlantic City Concert [PHOTOS]
• The History Of The YMCMB vs. G.O.O.D. Music Cold War [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• 15 Flicks Of Rihanna Kissing People [PHOTOS]
• Stop The Lies: 10 Examples Why There Is No Such Thing As A Post-Racial America
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Songs Of 2012 So Far [LISTEN]
• 10 Rappers In The 40 & Over Club That Still Got The Glow
Photo: Guardian UK