Stüssy & Nike Present "S&S Collection" [PHOTOS]
The folks at Stüssy
have come through with another killer collaboration. This time the OG streetwear brand has teamed with Nike
to create a collection of Off Mountain System (OMS) footwear suited for the fall and winter seasons. Called the "S&S Collection" (as in street & sport) the set of kicks feature bright colors and rugged details that make them perfect for urban hiking.
GQ debuted the team up
and spoke to Jesse Leyva, Product Director of Nike SB and Adam Jay Weissman, Stüssy's Art Director, about this fresh set of sneakers.
GQ: It's said that the S&S collection is about sand, street, and snow style merged for day-to-day performance. Did you use any archival color palettes to help create this line?
Leyva: With Nike's roots deep in iconic innovation, both in product design and color language, it's only natural for us to look to the past for inspiration to launch this new collection.
GQ: What influences did your team look to in the creation of this coveted collection?
Adam Jay Weissman: First and foremost, we wanted to make shoes that we all would wear. This was the main mission of the creative team. We all remember when the first Stÿssy and Nike collaboration came out and we wanted this collection to have the same "Oh Isht" factor that some of the previous Stüssy/Nike collabs have had. We also looked at late 1980's and early 1990's ACG products and outdoor sneakers for color inspiration, as well as other Nikes from that era that were our favorites. That era was a huge influence on how people perceive Nike and Stüssy. While we weren't collaborating yet, the product coming out of both companies changed the game.
The shoes featured in the collab are the Dunk High LR, Lunar Braata Mid, LunarRidge OMS and the Morgan II OMS. Other recent Stussy mash ups include the Deluxe NM Field Boot with Timberland
and a Pro Leather model with Converse
Check out photos of the Nike x Stussy S&S Collection in the gallery.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Jay-Z Rides The Train, Is Joined By Beyoncé At Barclays Center Finale [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Producers In Hip-Hop Right Now
• When Keeping It Rap Goes Wrong: 10 Cases Of Rap Music Putting People In Bad Situations
• Bangin Candy: The Lovely Briana Loyd [PHOTOS]
• More Footage Of Gunplay vs. G-Unit Fight Surfaces; Mike Knox Speaks [VIDEOS]
• Floyd Mayweather Jr. & Ray J Drop $50K On Suspect Looking Strippers [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Coolest Jews In The Game
• 187 Proof: 10 Hip-Hop Deaths (Other Than Tupac & Biggie) That Remain Shrouded In Mystery