Nas famously compared the rap game and drug game on his freshman opus Illmatic. But for some aspiring, current and former record label CEO’s, the two go hand and hand. That is, at least, according to the U.S. government.
Over the years, several record labels have been charged with pushing packs as well as raps, using their legit label operations as front for an illegal get money movement. Here are seven such rap imprints that have been accused of moving rhymes
like and weight.
Note: All parties are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Jay-Z, Kanye West (& Kim Kardashian) Kick Off European Leg Of Watch The Throne Tour [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• 6 Rappers Who Lied About Retiring From The Game
• Mercy: 10 Hip-Hop Artists Who Chose To Die Another Day
• 5 Reasons Why Blue Ivy Carter Will Have A Better Rap Career Than Lil B
• 10 Dope Rap Acts Who Could Not Top Their Freshman Albums
• Bangin Candy: Rico Love’s Division 1 Recording Artist, Rabbit
• The Awkward Moments Between Jay-Z And Freeway At The Made In America Press Conference [PHOTOS]
• Behind The Scenes Of Rihanna’s “Where Have You Been” Video [PHOTOS]
Photo: History Channel
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode
Tekashi 6ix9ine Catches The Fade In Florida LA Fitness, Twitter Has No Sympathy
LA Fitness Staff Rushed Tekashi 6ix9ine To A Safe Room After He Caught The Hands & Feet
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
Twitter Says Gunna Is On Fade Notice After Tekashi 6ix9ine Got The Brakes Beat Off Him
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
Baes & Baddies: Supremely Stacked Shadée Monique Is More Than Just Joe Budden's Boo
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]