Christmas will come early for one-time Cash Money artist, Turk. According to AllHipHop, the rapper will be released from an Arkansas prison, this fall. The New Orleans native has been locked up on federal gun possession charges since 2005, stemming from a shooting of a Memphis police officer, one year earlier.
Since being behind bars, Turk—born Tab Vigil Jr.—has claimed to have been treated unfairly by the justice system. “The reason while I’m still incarcerated, it has a lot to do with my jail credit,” he said. “The powers that be refuse to give me what is due to me. I have been trying to resolve this problem for the last 30 months but still I remain incarcerated,”
Now that he’s on his way out of prison, he can get to work on the record label he plans to launch. No word yet on if the former Hot Boys member will be reinstating his relationship with the Cash Money family.
Turk will be released October 12.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Chris Brown Gets A New Tattoo Of A Wolf On His Neck [PHOTOS]
• The Income Tax Struggle: 7 (Other) Rappers Who Skipped Out On Uncle Sam
• The Meaning Of The 5%: A Look At The Nation Of Gods And Earths
• Wired 25: The 25 Best 2 Chainz Guest Appearances [LISTEN]
• 7 Black Musicians Who Died of AIDS [PHOTOS]
• Behind The Scenes Of Trina’s “I’m Back” Video Shoot [PHOTOS]
• 7 Reasons Why Dr. Dre’s Detox Will Never Drop
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Wives and Girlfriends In Hip-Hop
Photo: All Hip Hop
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral