G.o.D. Jewels talks about lessons learned in the rap game. the perils of being an upcoming MC, and the dilemma one faces when trying to rise above the saturated waters of new rap music. “You’re only as useful to them as your last song, video, mixtape then you’re gone” says G.o.D. when speaking of the hype surrounding new artist.
Part 2 of The Looking Glass, also includes a hidden track off Jewels’ Glimpse of Destiny due out later this year. G.o.D. Jewels is just another one of the many talented artists rising out of Chicago, Illinois. Keep an eye on him. Check out the Chicago native’s perspective after the jump.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• 8 Racist Cartoons Targeting President Obama [PHOTOS]
• Patrick Ewing’s ‘Ewing 33 Hi’ Signature Sneakers Official Images [PHOTOS]
• Kanye West Performs At Revel Resort In Atlantic City [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• IL Clan del Wu Book Captures Images Of Wu-Tang Clan’s 2010 Reunion [PHOTOS]
• The Meaning Of The 5%: A Look At The Nation Of Gods And Earths
• Wired 25: The 25 Best 2 Chainz Guest Appearances [LISTEN]
• 7 Black Musicians Who Died of AIDS [PHOTOS]
Photo: G.o.D. Jewels
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died