Michael Phelps is already the most decorated Olympian of all time with 21 medals to his name, but he also has major love for Lil Wayne, so much so that he gave him a shout out.
After winning a gold medal in the 200-meter IM race Thursday (Aug. 2), the swimmer gave props to Weezy when asked about what he’s been doing in London—when he’s not competing. “I’ve been enjoying myself,” he said, “And, yes, I have been able to have some pretty cool things. I got a tweet from Lil Wayne. [Ryan Lochte and I] got tweets from [Young] Jeezy.”
Following the gold-medal performance, Wayne took to Twitter to commend the 27-year-old. “High praises to my good friend Michael Phelps for becoming the greatest Olympian of all time.USA!!” he wrote.
Jeezy followed suit tweeting, “Congrats to the homie @MichaelPhelps! 19 Olympic medals….#motivation #letsgetit.”
Phelps and his teammate, Lochte are both down with the rap game. The aforementioned athlete rocked a diamond grill courtesy of Paul Wall, upon accepting his gold medal last weekend.
The U.S.A. continues to dominate in the Olympics, earning 43 medals in the first week of the 17-day competition.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Terry Richardson Takes Even More Candid Shots Of Odd Future [PHOTOS]
• A Queens Story: Nas & Salaam Remi’s 10 Greatest Collaborations
• The Curious Case Of Joseline Hernandez: A Visual Timeline Of Success [PHOTOS]
• 8 Things You Need To Know About 2 Chainz’s Based On A T.R.U. Story
• T.I.’s New “Go Get It” Video Features Big A$$ Mansion, Very Small Bikinis [PHOTOS]
• Dallas Mavericks Star Dirk Nowitzki Marries Wife In Traditional Kenyan Ceremony [PHOTOS]
• Olympic Swimmer Ryan Lochte Banned From Wearing Custom Grill On Medal Stand [PHOTOS]
• 15 People Who Merged Rapping With Singing (Before Drake) [GALLERY]