Last weekend at The Source’s Power 30 mixer, Machine Gun Kelly caused a fuss at the Microsoft Store in Lenox Mall when he got a little too turned up for the store staff’s liking. In an event we reported first, MGK’s two song performance was cut in half when he refused to hop off of the table that contained some expensive equipment.
Even though there was no major damage reported, MGK offered this official statement regarding the incident.
“Last Friday, I was asked to perform at The Source’s Power 30 reception and honored to do so. My only goal was to give a great performance. Contrary to what is being reported by the media, I did not stomp on any computers, damage any store property nor were the police called on my behalf. There was some confusion as to where I should perform. But, in the end, it was all resolved. I’d like to thank The Source for the opportunity and let the people at Microsoft know I meant no disrespect.”
Microsoft also offered their take on the incident.
“On Sept. 28, The Source held a private event at the Microsoft Lenox Square Store. We offer our stores as a venue for the community to use, and this event was not sponsored by Microsoft. While the artist’s behavior was appropriate for a concert, some of it was not appropriate in a store environment,”
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• J. Cole, Frank Ocean, James Fauntleroy and No I.D. Studio Sessions [PHOTOS]
• Bangin Candy: The Thick & Tasty “Chocolate Dolly” [PHOTOS]
• Floyd Mayweather Jr. & Ray J Drop $50K On Suspect Looking Strippers [PHOTOS]
• Nike Air Foamposite One – Black/Stealth [PHOTOS]
• Every Kanye West Magazine Cover Ever* [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Coolest Jews In The Game
• 187 Proof: 10 Hip-Hop Deaths (Other Than Tupac & Biggie) That Remain Shrouded In Mystery
• Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro High “OG” White/Red/Black [PHOTOS]
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
Former BET CEO Debra Lee Reveals Affair With The Network's Founder Bob Johnson, Twitter Reacts
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]
Blac Chyna Gets Breast & Butt Reductions, Wants To Be A Better Version of Herself
The Tiffany Co. x Nike Air Force 1 Drop Leaves Sneakerheads In Tears
Tyga & Avril Lavigne Confirm Relationship With Paris Kiss, Twitter Is Baffled At The Unlikely Couple