HipHopWired Featured Video

After a pair of blasts near the finish line of the Boston Marathon earlier today (April 15), investigators are slowly piecing together clues and other related data regarding this still-developing case.  So far, two people have been reported dead with over 100 others suffering with various injuries. Unfortunately, one of the deceased was an eight-year-old child. 

According to a report from The Boston Globe and several news outlets, police and other officials do not yet have a suspect but have started to question individuals. The act is being considered early on as an act of terror, although this has not been officially confirmed. The explosions at the Marathon prompted a stern response from President Barack Obama.

“We still do not know who did this or why. And people shouldn’t jump to conclusions before we have all the facts,” said President Obama. “But make no mistake; we will get to the bottom of this. Any responsible individuals, any responsible groups will feel the full weight of justice.”

According to the most recent Globe report, 115 people were brought for treatment among seven area hospitals. Boston Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis said the blasts happened 50 to 100 yards between each other around 2:50 p.m. Commissioner Davis and his police force have been combing the area all evening, with investigators viewing hours of videotape to search for any suspicious activity.

Reports of a third explosion at the JFK Library in nearby Dorchester have not been confirmed by officials to be part of the bombing sequence.

The Marathon had many families in attendance, considering that the city of Boston was celebrating the civic holiday, Patriot’s Day. Schools and local government offices were closed, and the crowds flocked to take part of the festivities in the Back Bay section of the city to celebrate the efforts of the runners.

Witnesses say the blasts caused some victims to lose their limbs, and there are reports coming in that say two packages were seen arriving in the area just before the explosion.

Photo: CBS News