The Brooklyn-bred wordsmith known as Skyzoo is on the verge of releasing his debut album The Salvation, as it should reach the masses and hit your local record store on September 29, through Jamla Records/Duck Down.
As it goes with first impressions, it is always the smartest to place the best foot forward. For this rapper, stepping into the grand stage for the first time means that he must leave a good taste in the mouths of his listeners. (pause) Skyzoo has promised that his upcoming body of lyrics will contain some of his most personal records. Along with dropping personal tracks, he will also be delivering his conceptual side for this project.
Featuring tracks such as “For What It’s Worth” and “Metal Hearts” enable Skyzoo to fully express his feelings through his pen game and open listeners up to his world outside of what he has dropped as part of the mixtape circuit. He assures that fans will be left with a sense of satisfaction by spending their dollars on his upcoming work.
Skyzoo explains that “It’s another constant sign of elevation and growth, and it’s the most personal work I’ve ever done.”
In order to make sure that listeners are able to fully embrace his sound, the rapper has chosen to steer away from loading his first with too many features and allowing himself to hold the spotlight.
“The moment you pick up a pen or start rhyming as a kid, all you think about is getting an album out. This album isn’t exactly the way I planned it out at 9-years-old, but it tells my story. With that being said, no one can help tell my story better than me. The Salvation is about me,” Skyzoo said.
As it pertains to the sound and the selection for production he did not make the obvious choice of who is hot right now to help amplify his sound. Instead, Skyzoo has decided to use beats that suit his work. As a result, he will have big name producers, but he will also be introducing up and comers on the boards.
A video has been released for the track “Beautiful Decay” which will serve as a tease for fans and what to be looking forward to with the debut. It was produced by 9th Wonder.
Track Listing for The Salvation:
1) The Opener (produced by Cyrus Tha Great)
2) Return Of The Real (produced by Just Blaze)
3) The Beautiful Decay (produced by 9th Wonder)
4) My Interpretation (produced by Best Kept Secret)
5) Popularity (produced by Nottz)
6) Like A Marathon (produced by 9th Wonder)
7) The Shooter’s Soundtrack (produced by Cyrus Tha Great)
8 ) Under Pressure (produced by 9th Wonder)
9) Penmanship (produced by Black Milk)
10) Dear Whoever (produced by Illmind)
11) For What It’s Worth ((produced by Eric G)
12) The Necessary Evils (produced by Needlz)
13) Easy To Fly featuring Carlitta Durand (produced by 9th Wonder)
14) Bottom Line (produced by Eric G)
15) Metal Hearts (produced by 9th Wonder)
16) Maintain (produced by Nottz)