Chaka Khan and her sister have entered a rehab facility. The renowned R&B diva is battling an addiction to prescription painkillers.
The “Hollywood” singer’s decision was spawned the recent passing of Prince.
Reports the Associated Press:
In a statement released to The Associated Press Sunday, the 63-year-old Grammy-winning singer said she has been battling an addiction to the same medication that led to Prince’s death. Prince was found dead at his Minnesota home April 21. An autopsy found he died of an overdose of fentanyl, a powerful opioid painkiller.
“Unfortunately, I will miss concert appearances over the summer,” she said. “However, it’s vital that I put my health and well-being first. I know that I am disappointing some of my fans, but I also know they would want me to recover and be well and healthy.”
Khan has entered an intensive rehabilitation and aftercare program with sister, Yvonne Stevens, also known as Taka Boom.
Props to Chaka Khan for tackling this head on.
We wish her a speedy recovery—because Lord know we ain’t trying to lose Chaka Khan.