It’s been over two years since Wale dropped his last project, The Album About Nothing. No worries if you’ve been waiting, the Maybach Music Group rapper announced today (April 6) that his new album, Shine, will arrive on May 5.
“Thank you 4your patience.A lot has changed since last album .I pray that 5/5 is the second best day of my life,” wrote Wale on Twitter.
For you conspiracy theorists, this means Wale’s new album will drop on the fifth day of the fifth month of the year. We have no idea what this signifies, but you might care.
Wait, 5 out of 5, as in 5 mics? Okay, that was a reach. Also, where’s that Go-Go album, though?
Although Wale has at times been one of the Hip-Hop’s most polarizing artists, he’s got bars (see Rick Ross’ “Trap Trap Trap” most recently).
Peep the Shine artwork and tracklist below.
1. Thank God
2. Running Back (ft. Lil Wayne)
3. Scarface Rozay Gotti
4. My Love (ft. Major Lazer, WizKid & Dua Lipa)
5. Fashion Week (ft. G-Eazy)
6. Colombia Heights (Te Llamo) [ft. J Balvin]
7. CC White
9. Fish n Grits (ft. Travis Scott)
10. Fine Girl (feat. Davido & Olamide)
11. Heaven on Earth (ft. Chris Brown)
12. My PYT
14. Smile (ft. Phil Adé & Zyla Moon)