According to The Blast, Nas is accusing Kelis of keeping him from seeing their son, Knight Jones, saying that he’s tried to make the co-parenting thing work over the years but only gets to spend time with his son “when she deems it convenient for her.”
Feeling the need to set up a schedule both of them can work with, Nas proposed a deal where he’d get his son on the 1st, 3rd and 5th weekend of every month. In addition to that he’d get to spend Father’s Day with his seed, and each parent would get their chance to celebrate their own birthday’s with their child.
Adding to those dates are the following propositions:
- Kelis gets Halloween in even years, Nas gets odd.
- Kelis gets July 4 in even years, Nas gets odd.
- Kelis gets Summer Break in odd years, Nas gets even.
- Kelis gets Thanksgiving in odd years, Nas gets even.
- Kelis gets the child’s birthday in odd years, Nas gets even.
Christmas seems to be up in the air but at the end of the day this seems like a fair suggestion.
No word yet on whether or not this will actually become the gospel but for the sake of the child we hope they come to some sort of agreement sooner rather than later.