Baby Drinks Methadone From Sippy Cup And Dies
Talk about child neglect…
Authorities in Jacksonville, FL have arrested a woman after a 2-year-old boy drank methadone from a sippy cup and died.
Police say Masia Wright drank a lethal dose of methadone, which was reportedly left in the cup by the woman watching him.
Dana Anderson, who is dating the child’s father, was charged with aggravated manslaughter. Police say she admitted to leaving methadone in the sippy cup, which was on top of a dresser in her bedroom.
Can u say STUPID!!!!
KTLA in Florida reports that the child’s father, Ernest Wright, told WJXT-TV that this was a tragic accident.
“I just want everybody to know it was an accident, she would never do nothing like that.”
According to Wright, the sippy cup was on top of the dresser, which stands at least four feet tall and the baby somehow got his hands on it.
“She had it on this dresser so while he was coming down the steps he probably seen the cup right there and he drunk it,” he told the station.
The amount of methadone in the cup was four times the recommended daily dose for an adult, according to WAWS-TV, which also reported that Anderson has several prior arrests, some for drugs.
Wright says Anderson treated Masia as if he was one of her own children.
She’s being held on $1 million bail.
R.I.P. Lil’ Masia
MORE HIP-HOP WIRED NEWS
Nicki Minaj Debuts MAC Lipstick [Photos]
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died